Program Manager at Valor Water Analytics
Company & Role
Valor Water Analytics is revolutionizing the water industry by transforming large volumes of utility data into actionable financial, operational, and conservation insights using innovative subscription based software solutions. Our potential market is huge and client portfolio is growing fast!
We are a Y Combinator backed company and the recent winner of the Imagine H2O Water innovation Challenge. The reason: We are the first company to bring these types of analytics to the water sector and we are seeking an energetic program manager who wants to be part of delivering Valor solutions to clients, and driving the water management revolution.
As Valor Program Manager, you will manage early-stage SaaS deployments using your client and project management expertise. You will plan requirements, produce and track project schedules, identify risks, and clearly communicate status with project stakeholders. You will be as comfortable explaining Valor’s solutions, analyses, and recommendations to executives as you are discussing client needs and technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You enjoy managing projects of various sizes and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes, and motivating delivery team members to go above and beyond to ensure high quality launches for clients. You have a passion for addressing urban water challenges and championing Valor’s solutions with clients.
You will be joining the company at a critical inflection point of growth. Your work will have an impact at water utilities across the country, helping them to unlock the power of big data and become more effective and efficient in water management and operations.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of multiple standard and custom SaaS projects
- Determine and communicate priorities, issues, and solutions
- Liaise with cross-functional teams like Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure successful launch
- Collaborate with utility stakeholders and understand their needs and challenges. Exceed client expectations and set the stage for multi-year relationships
- Serve as product expert in front of clients and prospects, and identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities at our clients, so they get the most from Valor’s offerings
- Define and improve program success metrics
- Drive closure to technical issues by working with Engineering
- Identify areas for product improvement and escalate ideas to Product
- Contribute and evolve Valor’s delivery methodology, including processes and documentation
- BS degree in Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years of successful technical program management experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment like technology, consulting or a startup
- Strong client-service, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel (~25%)
- MS in Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience working in or with water or energy utilities
- Experience with data science or software development and operations
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Ability to work with remote stakeholders
- Ability to create and review client-facing documents
- Strong sense of ownership and proactive can-do attitude
This position is located in San Francisco. Candidates with ability to work in the US only—no recruiters please.
- $80K – $110K Salary
- 0.5% – 1.5% Equity
- Send résumé to: [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Valor Water Analytics values initiative and collaboration at all levels.
- This is an opportunity to work with a diverse team of talented people helping to solve one of the world’s most intractable problems – clean and affordable water
- Proactive adjustment of compensation based on quality and impact
- Friendly coworkers, team outings, and other enjoyable activities
- Valor Water Analytics is an equal opportunity employer