Software Engineer at Valor Water Analytics
Company & Product
Valor Water Analytics is revolutionizing the water utility industry by transforming water utility data into financial solutions. Water utilities face major financial challenges not limited to revenue impacts of conservation and huge infrastructure costs – yet there very little innovation in the water SaaS arena.
We are a Y Combinator backed company and the recent winner of the Imagine H2O Water innovation Challenge. The reason: We are the first company to bring these types of analytics to the water sector and we are seeking innovative problem solvers who want to be part of driving the water management revolution.
Valor Water Analytics is a subscription based software as a service product that allows utilities to dig deep into their customer data, identify and solve problems varying from leaky pipes to tampered meters to changing their pricing model that can have a significant impact on their revenue. Our market is huge and growing very fast! We have several drought-related tools that are helping solve urban water problems right now.
Write code with purpose! Valor Water Analytics is searching for a talented Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be contributing to our industry leading software-as-a-service platform, which provides a real-time view on massive quantities of water utility data. Valor is creating a market for Advanced Metering Analytics, and your work will help define this field. You will be joining the company at a critical inflection point of growth, and will be a key contributor to multiple product launches. Your work will have an impact at water utilities across the country, helping them to become more effective and efficient in their operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2-3 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms
- Unit testing
- Strong communication skills and general likability
- Web services APIs
- Distributed computing
- Continuous deployment
- Big data (Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.)
- Startup experience
This position is located in San Francisco. Local candidates and principals only—no recruiters please.
- $100K – $150K Salary
- 0.5% – 2.0% Equity
- Application packet to include: cover letter, résumé, 3 work references
- Send entire packet to: [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Valor Water values autonomy, initiative and collaboration at all levels.
- This is an opportunity to work with a diverse team of talented people helping to solve one of the world’s most intractable problems – clean and affordable water.
- Proactive adjustment of compensation based on quality and impact.
- Friendly coworkers, team outings, TGIFs and other enjoyable activities.
- Valor Water Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.